CONTEST RULES & DIVISIONS
All Contest Entries must be judged on the District Level with first place winner ONLY, in each division being sent or brought to the State Chairman. Please check individual contests for entry deadlines. (entries can be delivered at the February Leadership meeting or some other meeting.)
2018 ~ Orange Sulphur Butterfly
Click Here To Print Rules
Click Here To Print Coloring Sheet
Click Here To Print Colored Picture of Coned Flower
|Division I||Kindergarten – 2nd Grade||Color the picture (outline given)|
|Division II||Grades 3, 4 & 5||
DRAW butterfly and
MUST DRAW host or nectar plant
The butterfly MUST have its wings open, as in the picture.
|Division III||Grades 6, 7 & 8|
|Division IV||Grades 9, 10, 11, & 12|
|Division V||Special Needs|
|Division VI||Senior Citizens|
- Poster 8 ½ x 11 inches on white paper or card stock.
- The design and medium should be done with colored pencils, crayons, watercolors, markers or chalk.
- Label butterfly with scientific name and host or nectar plant. It MUST be at the bottom of the page.
- Entry must be the work of the contestant.
- Divisions IV and VI contestants MUST write a paragraph about the butterfly.
- On the BACKof your entry (lower right corner), tape a separate tag with the following information: name, street, town, grade, division number, school, parent’s name, Garden Club and District.
- The Butterfly will be different each year.
Criteria for Judging:
After Club judging, first place winner in each division goes to the District Chairman:
Phone # ______________by: ____________
State Award:Division I, II, III & IV ~ 1st$10, ~ 2nd$7 ~ 3rd$5
Divisions V & VI: ~ Certificates Only
Deadline: Posters must be mailed immediately after the District judging or no later than March 5, 2019, to the State Butterfly Chairman Pat Murrell. 405-213-1204
Mail to: Pat Murrell
13009 Burlingame Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73120-8704
Click Here To Print Rules, Coloring Sheet, and Colored Picture