It is the duty of every citizen to know what the natural resources of our country are, and how they can be protected and wisely used. Conservation is a vital concern of garden club members on all levels from National, State, District & Local Clubs. All members should teach it, practice it, and help inform the public.
2016 – “Save our Air”
Division I – Kindergarten, Grades 1 & 2
Division II – Grades 3, 4 & 5
Division III – Grades 6, 7 & 8 Division IV – Grades 9, 10, 11 & 12
Division V – Special needs
Division VI – Senior Citizens
1. Poster Title changes yearly
2. Poster must be 11 x 17 inches
3. The poster may be made using paint, water color, crayons, colored pencils, markers, cut-out pictures glued on construction paper, or drawings.
4. Poster must be the work of the contestant.
5. Label the poster with the appropriate year’s title
6. On Back of your entry (lower right corner) tape a separate tag with the following inofrmation: name, street, town, grade, division number, school, parent’s name, Garden Club sponsor, & District.
lCRITERIA FOR JUDGING
Story Told – 55 points
Neatness – 30 points
Proper labeling 15 points
Total Points 100 points
Division I,II,III & IV : 1st $10., 2nd $7. 3rd – $5.
Division V, VI: Certificates only
Deadline: March 5- District Winner’s Posters are to be mailed to State Conservation Chairman after District Judging