Oklahoma Garden Clubs, Inc.may offer up to three (3) annual scholarships of five hundred dollars ($500.00) each, to outstanding college students studying Agronomy, agriculture Education, city or rural planning, conservation, plant sciences, horticulture, floriculture, zoology, or forestry, Environmental Concerns or Conservation, Landscape Design, Wildlife Science, Land Management and/or related or allied subjects. Students receiving these scholarships shall be legal residents of Oklahoma and shall study in Oklahoma Schools.
- 1. Use the scholarship application linked above or may be obtained from the President of the sponsoring club.
2. Send complete official grade/academic transcript.
3. Letter from applicant (set fonts, header, margins for (1) one page, front only.
4. One letter of recommendation, (one (1) page, front only. Discuss scholastic ability, personal character and work-related experience
5. A list of extracurricular activities in field of study.
All documents must be mailed, by the applicant, in a large envelope. Please do not place documents in page protectors or any sor of binder, or staple the pages.
Send to: Mrs. Mardi McKenzie
OGC Inc. Scholarship Chairman
1054 County St 2930
Tuttle, OK, 73089-3030
Deadline for application to reach the state chairman is February 1.
- 1. When a grant has been submitted to a state college or university in the student’s behalf it cannot be transferred.
2. If the student transfers out of state, changes to a major outside of the approved group, or drops out of school during the school year, the balance of the grant must be returned to Oklahoma Garden Clubs, Inc.
3. The scholarship cannot be applied for study abroad on fellowships or internshis.